DETOX WATER: Lemon Cucumber Mint
Detox your body the natural way, the way nature intended. You don't need to eat any less, take any pills, or drink nasty concoctions. All you have to do is sip yummy, refreshing water through out the day! I call it MAGIC WATER. And it's really pretty too!
There are countless benefits from drinking Lemon Cucumber Mint Water. I'm going to tell you about all of the good things that come from sipping on this magic water all day. But first, the recipe.
LEMON CUCUMBER MINT WATER RECIPE
- 1 Lemon, Sliced
- 1 Cucumber, Sliced
- 10-15 Mint Leaves
1. Add all ingredients to a glass pitcher and fill with water.
2. Steep overnight in the refrigerator.
YES! It really is that easy!
Drink throughout the day and enjoy!
You can also add some orange slices to your water for some added vitamin C!
- Fill up your water bottle and sip at work, the gym, or anywhere! Don't forget to add a couple lemon and cucumber slices to your water bottle to make it look super yummy and appetizing!
- You can add ANY fruit to a water pitcher to add pizazz and beauty to your dinner table. Other fruits may not have a detoxifying effect like this detox water recipe but it will make a beautiful addition to your table and you will WOW company!
- During the spring and summer months, I grow my own mint. For mere pennies, you can have an endless supply of mint. You'll save a ton of money! My kids and I are constantly chewing on mint leaves all summer long!
- Yes, you can eat the cuke and orange slices when the water is gone! My kids even eat the lemon flesh.
Okay, now on to WHY you should drink this yummy, healthy, magic water. Oh the reasons seem to go on forever.
The Benefits of Lemon Water
1. Flushes Out Your Toxins
- Activates the body's natural cleansing system
- Helps the liver rid itself of it's impurities
- Produces and regulates bile acid
- Helps dissolve gallstones
- Helps detox and cleanse your blood
2. Helps You Lose Weight
- Gives you a feeling of fullness
- Suppresses appetite
- Curbs cravings.
- Has virtually no calories
- Contains pectin fiber
3. Boosts Your Immune System
- Packed full of Vitamin C
- Helps the body absorb iron
- Iron increases muscle and brain function
- Fights infection
- Reduces inflammation
4. Maintains pH Levels
- Even though initially acidic, lemons have an alkalizing effect on your system
- Promotes a cancer-free environment*
5. Improves Digestion
- Helps your body digest more efficiently
- Helps with both constipation and diarrhea
- Helps bowl functions run smoothly and regularly
6. Cleans the Urinary Tract
- Changes the pH level in your urinary tract
- Promotes good bacteria and discourages bad bacteria
- Serves as a diuretic
- Produces more urine which will flush the toxins out and purify the tract
7. High in Potassium
- Keeps nerves, brain, heart, and muscles healthy
8. Anti-Aging Properties
- Combats free radical damage
- Helps produce collagen which prevents wrinkles
- Keeps skin radiant
- Prevents acne
9. Freshens Breath
- Kills the mouth's bad bacteria
- Acts as a disinfectant
The Benefits of Mint
1. Improves Digestion
- Reduces stomach inflammation
- Soothes nausea and motion sickness
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Activates the salivary glands
- Stimulates digestive enzymes
2. Helps Clear Congestion
- Gives relief to respiratory disorders
- Soothes the throat
3. Is a Natural Stimulant
- Smelling mint can improve brain function
- Increases alertness
- Improves memory
The Benefits of Cucumber Water
1. Keeps Muscles Strong
- Contains the trace mineral silica which keeps connective tissue and muscles healthy
2. Full of Vitamin K
- Vitamin K helps keep bones healthy and strong
- Vitamin K is essential in proper blood clotting
3. Anti-Aging Properties
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Improves elasticity
- Contains antioxidants that promote skin health
4. Helps You Drink More Water
- Changes the taste of boring water
- Makes your water look "pretty" and more appetizing
5. Has Detoxifying Effects
- Helps flush your body of toxins
- Promotes overall general health
6. Low Cost
- Cucumbers are far less expensive than store products claiming detox properties
*There is much debate and research tackling the question, Does an acidic pH level cause cancer? Research has proven that cancer flourishes in an acidic surrounding and cannot survive in an alkaline element. Every person who has cancer, has a low pH level, which means your system is acidic. There is no concrete proof that eating and drinking alkalizing foods and liquids will help prevent or fight cancer but there are many experts that state this is the case.
*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.
NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.