AVOCADO EGG BOMBS: Stupid Easy & Freakin' Delicious (and healthy too!)
Warning: Adult language
Please do not read any further if you are offended by adult language.
Good Lord, I may need to move to a tropical location so I can start growing my own avocados. I can't stop. Is there a rehab for avocados? Strike that last question, I don't want to know... I'm not interested. I'm totes cool with flying my avocado freak flag.
If you even like avocados a little bit, you will love this recipe! And if you love avocados, well... tell your family I said I'm sorry that they now have to eat Avocado Egg Bombs every friggin' night for dinner (and breakfast and lunch too), because you won't want to stop eating this! I'm not really sorry, though.
My husband doesn't like avocados. To clarify, he thinks he doesn't like them. He won't actually try one because he says it looks gross. Ok first of all, I'd like to state for the record that my husband, Jay, is the love of my life and after 18 years together he still gives me mad butterflies when he walks into a room. He is my soulmate, he is my rock, and he is my best friend. Secondly, I'd like state that this incredible and one-of-a-kind husband... is a total whiny, cry-baby food bitch. He is the equivalent of a two year old when it comes to trying new foods. Most of the time I handle the situation by shoving the shit in his mouth anyway; however, when it comes to avocados this dude is adamant. Smh. He'll never know what he's missing. But whatevs, I'll eat enough for the both of us.
So for all of you out there who aren't willing to try avocados, I'll pray for your soul. For all the rest of you, here's the recipe to these bomb ass bombs!
AVOCADO EGG BOMBS
MAKES 2 AVOCADO EGG BOMBS
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons (1 TBS per half) shredded cheese, you can use any cheese you prefer
- Any desired toppings: bacon, ham, tomatoes, pepper rings, olives, chives, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit.
3. Scoop out some of the avocado with a spoon to make more room for your eggs. Yes, go ahead and scoop that right into your mouth!
4. If you have a muffin pan, put your avocado halves in that to keep them firmly in place while they cook. If you don't have a muffin pan, place them as best you can in a baking dish by leaning them up against the side.
5. Crack your eggs into the avocado halves.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the avocados.
7. Then add any desired toppings.
8. Cook 13-15 minutes or until eggs are done to your liking (I like my yolks still a tiny bit runny). When they're done, you can also use the broiler for 1-2 minutes to get the cheese nice and golden brown. But make sure you WATCH IT CLOSELY!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (Includes cheese but no other toppings): Serving Size = 2 Avocado Egg Bombs
377 Calories, 34g fat, 17.1g carbs, 13.5g fiber, 1g sugar, 8g protein, 3.6 net carbs
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (Includes cheese and 1 slice of bacon, 1/2 on each bomb, but no other toppings): Serving Size = 2 Avocado Egg Bombs
423 Calories, 38g fat, 17.1g carbs, 13.5g fiber, 1g sugar, 11g protein, 3.6 net carbs
*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.
NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.